Posted on November 28, 2016 in PromotionsStory by Faith D.
Six Reasons to Get Excited About Austin City Limits Music Festival
If you ask us, ACL is one of the best music festivals in America. If you ask someone from Austin, they’ll tell you it is the best music festival in America. So you can imagine why we’re so excited Shofur launched in Texas just in time for the annual music festival held in Zilker Park.
This year’s headliners include Radiohead, Mumford and Sons, Kendrick Lamar, The Chainsmokers, local legend Willie Nelson and more—so get ready for two music-filled weekends in the Live Music Capital of the World. It’s going to be a blast.
Here are six reasons to get excited about ACL:
1. Zilker Park – Known as the crown jewel of the Austin Parks system, Zilker Park is the kind of space that festival goers dream about.
2. Food trucks – If you’re hoping to find generic, overdone festival foods like turkey legs or funnel cakes, you’ve come to the wrong place. ACL boasts an impressive lineup of local vendors including Amy’s Ice Cream, East Side King, Mighty Cone, The Salt Lick and Burro Grilled Cheese Kitchen.
3. Fashion – Fashion has become an equally important aspect of the modern music festival, and ACL is no exception. Combine the blazing Texas heat with those who like to “Keep Austin Weird” and you’ve got the perfect recipe for funky, blog-worthy fashion.
4. Art Market – The ACL Art Market offers an abundance of local and national artisan goods all in one convenient place. Whether you’re looking to buy a new guitar, browse beautiful, hand crafted jewelry or simply hoping to take home some original festival merch, the Art Market has it all.
5. Late Night Shows – Late night shows are great for those who want to keep the fest going all night long (rock on!) or those who prefer to skip the daytime crowd all together (also rock on!). Pro tip: If you decide to do the festival AND the late night shows, remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Nothing kills a festival high faster than some good ol’ fashioned dehydration.
6. Barton Springs Beer Hall – If you’ve ever been to ACL, you’ve likely made a pit stop (or three) to the Barton Springs Beer Hall. With an impressive selection of over 15 tasty craft beers available, the BSBH is the prime place to sit back and relax between sets and enjoy an Ace Pineapple Cider or Deep Ellum IPA.
We’re thrilled to offer Texans a new way to get to the festival from out of town (or maybe even take a few locals out of town for the busy weekends). Don’t forget to share your photos with us on social media using #RideShofur and we’ll share our favorites.
Never tried Shofur? Get a FREE first ride to Austin during ACL weekend using code ACLFEST2016.