Posted on May 12, 2017 in Miscellaneous
Corporate Fun in the Summer Sun
Summer is arguably the most popular season of the year. Days are longer, people come together and enjoy amazing outdoor events, and activities designed to bring everyone closer abound. For businesses especially, Summer is a great time to partake in some team-building activities.
Why are they important?
Take advantage of the warm weather and organize a few outdoor company bonding events. You will notice a difference in your employees’ performance, and a more positive attitude toward work.
- Boost morale – Bonding events that aren’t work related will improve team members’ moods.
- Create trust – Group activities allow employees to interact and reveal their human side, instilling more trust amongst one another.
- Improve communication – Team members are able to communicate and speak more confidently, having broken the ice outside of work.
- Increase comfortability – An improved work-life balance will relieve tensions that build from working.
Things to Consider When Planning Team Outings
Planning team activities may seem simple enough, but you may be overlooking some critical components of a successful outing. There are a few questions you can ask yourself to better prepare:
- What types of activity best suit your team’s interests and talents?
- What activities are most beneficial to their growth/development as a unit?
- Which activities match your business’s budget?
- How are you going to transport the team to the outing?
Potential Activities for Team Outings
- Scavenger Hunt
- Obstacle Course
- Create a Garden
- Company 5k
- Outdoor Yoga Session
Posted by Johnell G.
More stories like this
Posted on August 16, 2017 in Miscellaneous
Posted on June 28, 2017 in Miscellaneous
Posted on May 4, 2017 in Miscellaneous